Wednesday 29 March 2017

2017.03.29 - Class 22

Short class


Today we had just one hour of class due to my meetings with your parents 16.00-17.30.

Sentence auction

We reviewed some vocabulary from the past few months in a sentence auction.

  • 'auction' = subasta (or subastar) -- 'Famous paintings are often sold in an auction.'
  • 'bet' = apostar (or apuesta) -- 'I'll bet you 100€ that I'm right.'
  • 'bid' = pujar (or puja), hacer una oferta (or oferta) -- 'I start the bidding at $40 million.'


Sentences for auction

  1. Some women say that David Henrie is a fox, in other words, that he's really attractive.
  2. Tyler's room reeks of dirty socks.
  3. The main entrance to the Corte Inglés in downtown Barcelona is located on an alley.
  4. At 19 degrees, the weather has been sultry today.
  5. Chips, pretzels, peanuts and other nuts are considered savoury snacks.
  6. My neighbour nevers throws away his stale bread -- he takes it to Plaça Catalunya and feeds the birds.
  7. That mustn't be Michael Jackson -- he passed away years ago!
  8. I was sound asleep until the door squeeked when you opened it!
  9. We are all really tired and in desperate need of a break -- it's a good thing Easter break is coming up soon.
  10. She was thinking about Charlie, asking herself what he looked like.
  11. I first changed a diaper when I was about 35.
  12. Stop badgering me! I'm sick and ill of your complaints!


A film review

We then did a jigsaw activity with a review of the film that we're going to watch in the next class.



Homework

Read the pages from the story I gave you in class -- or if you weren't in class you can read Clarke's story here.

Mark vocabulary that you want to learn. Remember:
  • Don't mark all unknown vocabulary -- only vocabulary you think is important.
  • Vocabulary is not just words, but also combinations of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment