Wednesday 23 November 2016

2016.11.23 - Class 7

Short class - Parent meetings


Puffins
Today we had a short class since I had meetings with your parents from 16.00.

We first talked a bit about the story from last class. We already discussed what was strange about the story at the end of our last class, but continued with this a bit. We also looked at vocabulary from the text. In a future class, I'll show you how to add these words to the Quizlet list that I have started.

We also did two Listening paper tasks from a First for Schools exam, specifically parts 2 and 3. This is in part because we've not done any official Listening exam task and I wanted you to get a sense for their difficulty, and also so that I have marks to share with your parents during our meetings. This will give a more complete picture of your preparedness for the exam.


Homework


  • Write a comment on last week's class as if you were writing to the author of the story (Michael Lewin). Explain what you noticed most in the story, what you found compelling (or not). Please send me your comment via email to the address I gave in class. I will add them to the blog and then contact the author to see if he responds. The more insightful your comments are, the more likely he will be to respond, I suspect.
  • the worksheet on verb patterns I gave you. Important: use p.167 in your book to help choose the correct forms.
  • Count both of your homewo as part of your 75 minutes/week of contact with English.

No comments:

Post a Comment