Wednesday 30 November 2016

2016.11.30 - Your comments on the story

Your comments on the story


The Hand That Feeds Me, by Michael Lewin. For more information on the author and his work, see his website.

CaR: I think it's and interesting reading for a English class, but also for having fun just as entretaining. Is not a typical boring story, where nothing happens and the end has a bad taste. I had really enjoyed reading this short story at class. Maybe there are some difficult words, but with a dictionary next to you, is not a problem.

MoG: "The hand that feeds me" begins when an old man gives meat to a dog which lives in the streets, then three guys murder the old man and the dog does everything to catch them: he takes a jacket and cans of beer from them to give an evidence of the crime, and brings them next to the body. Finally, he sits next to him and waits for justice to happen.
From my point of view, "The hand that feeds me" it's a story about justice and loyalty. It's not said in the text, but we all know that the narrator is a dog. I love dogs and I think that the phrase "Dog is a man's best friend" is absolutly true, dog is an exemple of loyalty so I think this character is the most important. In my opinion, this story has a beautiful point; the first time I read it I felt very sad, it is obviously very emotional, but then when I started thinking about it, I realised it has an important message of loyalty and justice which humans should learn.

HeR: First of all, I would like to say that I enjoyed the reading. I liked because of the dog and how does he act in front of the criminals and what does he did for the police for caught them. I also like how the story is wrote because the writer doesn't tell you that the main character is a dog but he give you some information in some sentences so you can deduce it. (I would never thought that the main character it could be an animal).

MiG: I liked this story, especially the trick it has. While I was reading the first paragraph I noticed the narrator was an animal although I couldn’t figure out which until the third and fourth paragraph. I really loved the idea the narrator had to write from the dog's perspective and how it sees the world.

DaC: I reckon that the entire story makes itself great in the clever way the events take place. If it is hard to put yourself in someone else's shoes', with a dog seems even harder. It is how it replaces situations of our life as in a metaphorical form or using expressions referred to animals. But what I enjoyed most was the revenge resolution; instead of killing or hurting somenone, the narrator just takes all the proves and leaves the crime scene for the police to solve it.
Again, great story!

No comments:

Post a Comment